Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

The only stain remover that worked!



My son is about to turn 4 years old. The other day he was eating a meatball sub with this white shirt on. Boys being boys, he dripped some of the tomato sauce down the front of the shirt and also managed to get some over on the shoulder. I looked online and found endless recipes for homemade stain removers. So, I tried a few on this shirt. I tried vinegar & dish soap; vinegar & baking soda, homemade laundry detergent (fels-naptha) and Mean Green Degreaser. None of them really seemed to make any difference to the stain. Then I remembered that I had some Clorox Bleach Gel in the cabinet. I put a small dot of bleach gel on each stained area and let it sit for about 3 minutes. I rinsed the shirt out and the stains had disappeared! So I guess it's true, nothing works quite like good old fashioned Clorox Bleach. Now obviously you could not do this on a colored shirt. So next time I am going to test out Colorox 2 Color Safe Bleach and see if it has the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...