Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lightlife Backyard Grill'n Burger Review (Vegetarian)

I just happened upon these Veggie Burgers in the grocery store the other day. I had not seen this brand before. My older daughter and I often like to try different vegetarian meat substitutes. We try to eat a vegetarian meal about once a week. My daughter says that sometimes she likes the taste of meat free products better than the actual meat they are immitating. I liked the fact that you can actually cook these burgers on the grill. We usually just microwave other veggie burgers we've tried. If you go over on the cooking time by 20 seconds they will get hard and dry. So we threw these on the grill right from the freezer. It says to cook them for about 7-9 minutes, turning once. The burgers actually look just like they do on the package. They had a nice grilled taste and a meaty texture. Even though I believe we cooked ours a little longer than it said on the package, they were still soft in the middle and not dried out. My daughter thought they were delicious! Lightlife offers 4 different varieties of burgers. At 190 calories, 20 grams of protein and 0 cholesterol. These are a healthy substitute for greasy beef burgers.The only thing you will miss from a real burger is the grease dripping onto your plate or running down your arm. To find out more information about Lightlife products visit them at Lightlife.com, you can signup for their newsletter to be notified about coupons and special offers. You can also find Lightlife on Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. I just bought these at Walmart and wow they're delicious. I'm a meat lover who's trying to eat less meat products for ethical reasons and these taste exactly like the real thing. I suggest you try them even if you're not vegetarian/vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found these at my local Grocery Outlet. Fantastic. * minutes in the toaster oven. Great consistency and flavor without the high sodium of other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat very little meat for ethical reasons and have found these backyard Grillers to be delich...they are tasty and satisfying. I eat them for lunch every day alternating my toppings...sometimes fresh tomatoes sometimes cole slaw...ummmummm good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...