Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Confessions of a Clutter Bug - Cleaning My Closets

It's a gloomy rainy day here in the NC. The weather is kinda bringing me down. It's not very motivating when I have so much to do in the house. With plenty of time on my hands, I have decided to finally start cleaning out the cabinets and closets. The clutter in my house has really taken it's toll on the family. No, the place doesn't look like an episode of Hoarders. However, the cabinets and closets are full of junk! Things that have some how made their home behind these little closed doors. My boyfriend has some type of freakin OCD or something. He's got to have everything looking clean or he'll lose his mind. There are times when he has to help me clean the house because it has gotten out of hand and I'm too overwhelmed to do it myself. But, what he does is really make the problem worse. Instead of finding the proper place to put something that is sitting out, he just throws everything into random cabinets and closets. So, when he is done the place looks pretty clean...on the outside!
It is to the point now that I have laundry baskets full of clothes all over the house. Most of it is clean but I have no where to put it. The bedroom closets, where the clothes should live, is now full of useless shit! Stuff nobody wants and clothes nobody can wear. I have 3 kids ages 14, 4, and 2. As I was having my younger two kids everyone donated baby clothes to me. Which I appreciated because I was broke at the time and couldn't buy much. Now all those old baby clothes are in trash bags in the closet. Even though  my younger kids are 4 and 2 , I still have newborn baby clothes everywhere.
I believe at one point I tried to sort through everything. Following the tips of professional organizing blogs, I sorted into, trash, donate, keep and sell boxes. That helped a little but keep, sell and donate are still around. I'm a procrastinator! In my mind, I was really going to sell clothing lots on Ebay. That never happened and the clothes are still here. I can barely keep up with my kids. How am I supposed find time to take pictures of the clothes, post them to ebay, follow the auction and ship it out on time. You never make any money on that stuff because the shipping and Ebay fees eat up any profit you might have made.
Anyway, before I start going off about Ebay and ramble on anymore, I'm going to go around and take pictures of the key areas that I want to tackle by this weekend. Then, I'm going to post them here. Yes, that's right, that's what you all want to see, real people dirt!

To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha.... I can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...